If you are looking to understand South Africa’s historical past and see where iconic events took place, this tour is for you. Our Soweto historical tour takes you on a leisurely ride to visit Soweto and experience a melting pot of South African’s diverse cultures on our safe guided tour. Soweto is a township rich in heritage and culture influenced by politics, music, and fashion, making it a must-see destination for tourists who are looking to see more than just the Big 5.
Our Soweto tour is conducted by well-versed and interactive tour guides who will share with you intriguing insights about Soweto and key events like the Sharpeville Massacre and the 1976 Soweto Uprising that shaped much of what is South Africa today. This tour shows the living realities of the inequalities still experienced by the locals while appreciating the few additions made in attempts to uplift the community. Join us as we share Soweto’s story with you.
– Soweto Towers*
– Vilakazi street where the houses of the two Nobel Prize winners – former late President Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Emeritus Tutu are situated
– Mandela’s Museum House
– Hector Pieterson Memorial
– The late Winnie Mandela’s house
– Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, The largest hospital in the world
– Regina Mundi Church
Plus you will get to taste authentic South African Cuisine on Vilakazi Street on the full-day tour.
± 4 Hours (Half Day Tour)
± 8 Hours (Full Day Tour)
From R500 pp
From R850 pp
Our price includes a return transfer from your hotel/guest lodge in Sandton/Midrand. The price does not include any entrance fees or meals unless specified.
For pick-ups outside of Sandton/Midrand, please send us an e-mail for a quotation.
* If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take a swing at the 100m Bungee Jump or the Scad free fall at an additional cost.