If you are looking to understand South Africa’s historical past and see where iconic events took place, this tour is for you. Our Soweto historical tour takes you on a leisurely ride to visit Soweto and experience a melting pot of South African’s diverse cultures on our safe guided tour. Soweto is a township rich in heritage and culture influenced by politics, music, and fashion, making it a must-see destination for tourists who are looking to see more than just the Big 5.
Our Soweto tour is conducted by our professional and well-versed tour guides who will share with you intriguing insights about Soweto’s different faces and key events like the Sharpeville Massacre and the 1976 Soweto Uprising that shaped much of what is South Africa today. This tour shows the living realities of the inequalities still experienced by the locals while appreciating the few additions made in attempts to uplift the community. Join us as we share Soweto’s story with you.
Our Soweto Tour includes stops at the following attractions sites:
– Soweto Towers*
– Vilakazi street where the houses of the two Nobel Prize winners – former late President Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Emeritus Tutu are situated
– Mandela’s Museum House
– Hector Pieterson Memorial
– The late Winnie Mandela’s house
– Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital – The largest hospital in the world
– Regina Mundi Church
Plus you will get to taste the cultural hues of African Cuisine on Vilakazi Street on the full-day tour.
± 4 Hours (Half Day Tour)
± 8 Hours (Full Day Tour)
From R500 pp (min 2 pax )
From R850 pp (min 2 pax)
The price includes lunch and transport from Sandton/Rosebank/Midrand.
* If you’re feeling adventurous, you can take a swing at the 100m Bungee Jump or the Scad free fall at an additional cost.